Wednesday, July 21, 2010

SMASH!!!

This morning we were in the kitchen cleaning up after breakfast when we heard a loud crash sound.

This is what we saw when we walked out our front door

We haven't really had any big storms and the tree was healthy so it was crazy how it just decided to come down.

I'm very lucky that my friend was coming over to Visit Teach me this morning, and when she saw what had happened she had her husband and son come down and help me get the tree off the car.

I'm very thankful to the Roberts for coming so quickly to help our family.

Once we got the tree off the car we could really see how bad the car is. The windshield is smashed and the hood of the car needs some work but I think once the windshield is fixed it should drive just fine. It's been one eventful morning to handle all of this while John is off at work, and all of this on a day when we had someone coming to look at our house. At least we have some firewood for our fire pit now. I hope the rest of the day is nice and boring.

1 comment:

Susie, Pily, Marcia, and Guizella said...

Dear Kim,

I am so happy that Paul and Matthew were able to help you that day. I hope your car is repaired now and you can once more drive to where you need to go. I love your pictures!!