Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ready for Christmas

We have had our house decorated for a while now but I have not put up any pictures.

We have a village that goes up each year but we have now run out of space and I will not be able to get any more houses until I have a larger space to put them on.

This is the family's favorite thing to put up and we let the kids decide where the houses will go so it really is a family project to get us ready for Christmas

I really love our tree this year it ended up being the perfect size for our living room and we all had a blast decorating it together.

John and I bought this nativity the first Christmas we spent together and I love to remember that first year we spent together each time we put it up.

Our stockings are special to me because my Aunt Barbara has made each one specially for each of us. Mine was made when I was a child and as I have added to my family she has made one for them as well. As you can see they all have a similar look except mine which has not always been that way. As we were packing to move back to MA we found some mice in our garage and they had only gotten into one box, and that was a Christmas one and the only thing that was ruined was my stocking, they had pulled it apart and chewed right through it. I have gone 2 Christmas's without a stoking which is fine I don't really need one but I feel sad looking at all of our family's name hanging on the wall with mine missing, so John the wonderful husband he is bought me a new one this year. It does look different but it just shows me how much my husband cares about me and I love it. We are so blessed to have a happy and healthy family I am so grateful for that every day. Merry Christmas I can't wait to hear about every ones Christmas day.!!

1 comment:

Brittany Gilson said...

Hey Normandin's! My parents (Jeff and Sherry Smith) said they got your Christmas card and it led them to your blog. I'm so excited to be able to catch back up with you guys! So much has changed in 8 years. I'm married now and expecting my first in May 2011! I have a blog too if you want to check it out. Marcusandbrittany.blogspot.com.