Tuesday, November 5, 2013

New Callings

Since we are in a new Ward we both received new callings.  I was called to be a Primary Teacher to the 10-12 year old girls.  I have a co teacher so I only have to teach every other week and we only have 2 girls so its a pretty easy calling, so I thought.  A couple weeks into teaching I was told that because I teach this class I also have to do the Activity Days activity twice a month.  So my easy Sunday calling now turned into a very busy one.  One good thing is Katie is an Activity Day girl so we have been working on these requirements for a while now.
John was called to the Scout Master for our Ward. This is a very busy calling.  He has never been a scout so he has lots to learn. He has lots of camp outs to plan and many Wednesday night activity's to plan.  Zach being 11 is now a scout so that helps that he was taking Zach to Church anyway so in that way it works out.  He is so busy and there is always something going on so that also takes away from us at home but we support him and help him in any way we can.  He loves being with the youth and we have many less active boys so he is really trying to do fun things to get them join in. 
We are very busy but we are happy to do our part. 

No comments: