Thursday, October 17, 2013

First Day of School

While I was away the kids had their first day of school.
 Zach is now in 6th grade and in our town they have a school just for the 5th and 6th graders.  Zach and I got to go and walk through the school during the summer so that helped him feel more comfortable for his first day.  We are lucky to live close to the school so the bus picks him up in front of our house. John stayed home so he could be there with the kids since I couldn't be.
 Aaron is going into the 2nd grade and he is lucky enough to be in the same school with Katie.  The Elementary school is 2nd to 4th grade so this will be their only year they are together.
 Katie is going into the 4th grade this year.  She has been a big help with Aaron and helping with going to this new school. We also walked through their school and she met another girl who is new that will be in her class so she had that to look forward to.
 Katie did a great job getting herself ready since I was gone and she did her own hair and helped put their lunches together.  She is a great big sister and always looks after Aaron so I was so happy when I found out they were in the same school.
Katie and Aaron are picked up by the bus and they were so excited to get on the bus that Cooper tired to go with them.  It was a little hard not to be there with them but I was glad that John and Grandpa were there to help them.  I hope they all had a great first day.

No comments: